In the State of Illinois, schools are required to have a Birth Certificate on file for each student. Kindergarten or new students to the District are required to furnish a copy of the State Issued Birth Certificate. Hospital-issued Birth Certificates do not meet state requirements.
Registration must be done in person at the school your child will attend. At the time of registration, parents of a new or transferring student must present a state issued birth certificate for their child (a copy will be made) and complete a Certificate of Residence form. In addition, at least 2 items of identification from the following list must be presented as evidence of residency.Documents accepted as proof of residency (2 required):
- Drivers license
- Home ownership title or deed
- Apartment lease
- Voter registration
- Utility bills (water, electric, gas)
- Automobile insurance
During the summer months, students new to District 118 should register at the school they will attend in the Fall. Elementary school offices (Kindergarten - Fifth Grade) will open July 28th, Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the following schools:
- Wauconda Grade School - 225 N. Osage St., Wauconda, IL 60084. Office: (847) 526-6671.
- Robert Crown School - 620 Bonner Road, Wauconda, IL 60084. Office: (847) 526-7100.
- Cotton Creek School - 545 Newport Court, Island Lake, IL 60042. Office: (847) 526-4700.
Registration for grades 6 - 12 are by appointment only. Please call the school office to schedule an appointment.
- Wauconda Middle School - 215 Slocum Lake Road, Wauconda, IL 60084. Office: (847) 526-2122.
- Matthews Middle School - 3500 Darrell Road, P.O. Box 920, Island Lake, IL 60042. Office: (847) 526-6210.
- Wauconda High School - 555 N. Main Street, Wauconda, IL 60084. Office: (847) 526-6611, Ext. 118.
If you are not sure as to which school your child should attend, please feel free to check the school boundary map or call the school's office.
Currently enrolled students will receive a registration packet via the mail during the summer. These mailed registration forms should be returned in a timely manner.